Explore the History
We need YOU to write women back into history!
Only about 18% of Wikipedia’s English-language biographies are of women, but we can change that! You can help us add information on notable Utah women to Wikipedia by following the simple steps below. There’s a lot you can do even if you have no prior experience with Wikipedia editing. Our weekly open Zoom meetings have ended, but you can watch our short video here for Wikipedia basics and a demonstration of how to add a reference.
- Contact us! Scroll through our list here to see some needs we’ve identified for Utah women’s pages and get inspiration. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to let her know what interests you. Katherine will send you an assignment and a list of resources for the page you’re working on.
- Create a Wikipedia login here. This doesn’t have to include your real name if you’d prefer not to.
- Complete the “basics” training modules at https://dashboard.wikiedu.org/training/students
- Start Editing. Go to the page you’re editing, After opening the page, click on the “Edit” tab on the top right corner of the page.
Wikipedia will give you an option to choose your editing format. Choose “Switch to the visual editor”.
If this popup doesn’t show, use the pencil icon, on the right side, to choose “Visual editing”.
- Questions? Email email@example.com or ask general questions at Wikipedia’s Teahouse.
- Video Tutorials